Return Policy & Warranty
Our policy lasts 30 days of receipt of the shipment. If 30 days have gone by since you received your purchase, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. If not packed exactly as it was sent, the item will be susceptible to damage in transit and would not be refundable.
To complete your return, we may require a receipt or proof of purchase.
There are certain situations where only partial refunds are granted (if applicable)
Please note: All of our furniture is handmade so some variations in design and symmetry are normal and are not considered defects. Natural surface cracks in wood furniture as it weathers, called "checking," is normal and not considered a defect. The product dimensions listed on our website are approximate and items cannot be returned due to variations. Please see the warranty section below for more details. If you have any questions about our dimensions prior to making your purchase, please contact us. Once cushions have been removed from their packaging, they cannot be returned.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7 to 14 days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again.
Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted.
Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted.
If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Clearance items (if applicable)
Only regular or sale priced items may be refunded. Clearance items cannot be refunded.
Exchanges (if applicable)
We only replace items if they are defective or damaged. If you need to exchange it for the same item, send us an email at email@example.com and send your item to: Seven Seas Teak, 8251 State Highway 59, Foley, Alabama US 36535.
Seven Seas Teak products are covered by a 1 Year Limited Warranty. For complete details, including what is considered defective, please see warranty section below. Sun Garden Umbrellas are covered under their own manufacturer warranty. For complete details, please visit their website. (sungarden.us)
To return your product, you should ship your product to: 8251 State Highway 59 Foley Alabama US 36535
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
When you cancel your order before it shipped, we will refund your purchase in full.
When you cancel your order after it has shipped, you will be responsible for the shipping charges both ways. So we will deduct the shipping charges for shipping to you and we will charge you for the return shipping.
If an item arrives damaged due to shipping and you have documented the damage on the shipping paperwork, we will work with you to repair or replace the item at our discretion. (See Shipping page for more details)
Depending on where you live, the time it takes for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
What does this limited warranty cover?
This Limited Warranty applies to the physical goods, and only physical goods, manufactured by Seven Seas Teak. The Limited Warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship under normal use during the Warranty Period.
What will we do to correct problems?
Seven Seas Teak will either repair or replace the Product, at our discretion, using new or refurbished replacement parts.
How long does the coverage last?
The Warranty Period for Physical Goods purchased from Seven Seas Teak is 1 Year from the date of purchase. A replacement Physical Good or part assumes the remaining warranty of the original Physical Good from the original date of purchase.
What does this limited warranty not cover?
The Limited Warranty does not cover any problem that is caused by:
conditions, malfunctions or damage not resulting from defects in material or workmanship
damage resulting from improper maintenance, negligence, misuse or abuse (this includes mold and mildew growth on outdoor teak as well as damage caused by pests or insects)
damage of a product resulting from unauthorized modification of product
damage resulting from the improper assembly of the product (this would include failure to use gorilla glue on wood joints as specified in the instructions or using hardware not included or pre-approved by Seven Seas Teak)
the theft or loss of the product
damage caused by weather or natural disaster
What are not considered defects?
- All of our furniture is handmade so some variations in design and symmetry are normal and are not considered defects.
- Wood is a living material so natural imperfections and variations are to be expected and are not considered defects.
- Natural surface cracks in wood furniture, called "checking," are a normal part of the weathering process and are not considered defects. These typically occur on the end grains such as legs, armrests and the ends of frame pieces. These do not affect the overall integrity of the piece.
Examples of Checking on Teak Wood
- The product dimensions listed on our website are approximate and minor variations are not considered a defect. If you have any questions about the dimensions prior to making your purchase, please contact us.
- Teak and other woods exposed to the elements will naturally weather over time, turning a silvery-grey and exhibiting small cracks called “checking.” After a rain shower it may also look like there are some "dry" spots or water marks left. These are not defects.
- Our outdoor teak furniture comes finely sanded with no other finishes applied. Many of the photos on our website depict teak furniture that is waxed and therefore your furniture may look lighter and more muted in tone/color—this is not a defect. You can choose to wax the furniture to achieve the same result as the photos if it will be used indoors or under cover. See our Caring for Teak page for more details.
- Teak wood is susceptible to mold and mildew growth if not properly cleaned and maintained and these are not considered defects.
What do you have to do?
To obtain warranty service, you must first contact us to determine the problem and most appropriate solution for you. Photographs of the specified problem may be required. A product that is to be returned must be in its original packaging and include any documents or accessories that shipped with the product. Seven Seas Teak will make the final determination on whether the product is deemed defective and falls within the parameters of this warranty or not.
How do you contact us?
Seven Seas Teak
8251 US Hwy 59, Foley, AL 36535
*Please note that Sun Garden umbrellas are covered by their own manufacturer warranty. Please contact Sun Garden directly for warranty, parts or service. Contact details can be found on their website: https://www.sungarden.us/